1. How to download the cobby extension
- Log in to the cobby customer portal. If you haven’t registered yet, please click on the tab Registration.
- Create your online store there. The wizard guides you through each step. Select Magento 2 as the online store system.
- During the store setup, you can download the cobby extension for Magento 2. You can download this extension at any time after your setup under “My stores” in the customer portal.
Step 1 – Unzipping
The cobby extension was downloaded as a ZIP file. Unpack it locally on your computer.
Step 2 – Upload
- Connect to the source directory of your website via SSH/SFTP/FTP client
- Upload all files and folders from the cobby extension package to the corresponding root folder of the Magento installation (Magento root directory).
- Use the transfer mode “Merge”. Do not replace the whole folder, but merge the data.
This way your SSH/SFTP/FTP client will only add new files. This mode is used by most SSH/SFTP/FTP clients by default.
- For MacOS we recommend Transmit or Cyberduck.
Step 3 – Activation
- Connect to your Magento directory via SSH.
- Run the following two demands:
php bin/magento module:enable Mash2_Cobby
php bin/magento einrichten:aktualisieren
3. Creation and Configuration
cobby authenticates itself via a user account in your Magento 2 installation. The best way to run cobby is to create a dedicated user in Magento. To do this, proceed as follows.
Step 1 – Create a Dedicated User Role for cobby
Go to “System” in the Magento backend ➞ User Roles
- Click on Add New Role.
- Change the role name to cobby-role.
- Enter your password under Current User Identity Verification.
- Switch to Role Resources.
- Select “cobby” under Resources.
- Click on Save Role.
Step 2 – Create a User for cobby and Assign Roles
You can access the Magento 2 user administration via “System” ➞ All Users
Here’s how to create a user for cobby and assign it the role you created in step 1:
- Click on “Add new user” (Neuen Benutzer hinzufügen)
- Fill in all required fields under User Info and enter your password under Current User Identity Check. Note or memorize the user name and password, because we will need them later.
- Switch to User Role.
- Mark the newly created role cobby-role
- Click on Save User.
Step 3 – Configure the cobby Settings
Go to “Stores” ➞ Configuration
Now fill in the general settings:
- Licence key is already filled in with your license key for this cobby installation.
- Contact email is filled in with the email address you registered with in the customer portal. cobby will inform you about news, updates and bugs via the entered email address.
- User name: Enter here the user name of the user that you created in Step 2.
- API key: the password of the user created in step 2
Step 4 – Password Settings
API keys or passwords can expire by default in Magento 2. Make sure in the settings that the password cannot expire. To manage the lifetime of passwords, do the following:
- Go to “Stores” ➞ Configuration ➞ Extended (Admin)
- Change the value for password duration (days) to blank in the section Security.
- Under Password Change you have the opportunity to put the password on Recommended.
Step 5 – Save
The last step: Click on the top right on Save Config.
cobby will now be set up and the product data of your store will be synchronized. This may take some time depending on the amount of data. You will receive an email as soon as cobby is set up.
Afterwards you will find a download link for the cobby Excel plugin in the customer portal.